Sunday, August 5, 2007

#22: Audiobooks


After exploring both Overdrive and NetLibrary, I think I prefer Overdrive. There appear to be more books that interest me at that site, including Choke by Stuart Woods, which I downloaded onto my PC. Choke was not a part of the NetLibrary database and the genres I like most were definitely less represented there. For instance, Overdrive had 122 historical fiction, 213 classics and 649 mystery/suspense novels. NetLibrary had only 37 historical fiction, 101 classics and 339 mystery/suspense books listed. I had to install Overdrive Media Console to download my audiobook. I chose Choke because I am currently listening to it on CD in my car. However, I don't think I would enjoy listening to my PC so I am very much looking forward to receiving an MP3 Player now that I am almost done these 23 Things! I hope it is compatible with Overdrive and has at least 256 MB but preferably 1 gigabyte of memory to hold these downloadable audiobooks that I will be listening to!

No comments: