Saturday, August 4, 2007

#21 Discover Some Useful Tools for Locating Podcasts


After exploring Podcast.net and Yahoo Podcasts, I preferred the Yahoo site. I was stumbling all over Podcast.net trying to find something interesting to me and it was difficult to search a particular subject, probably because there were too many remotely related feeds. Yahoo Podcasts was easier to use and find areas of interest to me. I also took a look at MERLIN podcasting and I viewed a Vodcast or video podcast, which is more interesting to me since I'm a visual learner. I liked the library related podcast at Westerville Public Library in Ohio that showed all sorts of Easy Books for children with the pages and someone reading the stories. Although nothing beats a live person reading to a child, this is the next best thing.

The podcast that interested me on Yahoo Podcasts was the NPR Story of the Day site. I added the RSS feed for this podcast to my Bloglines account. The story for today was by an interview with Paul Greengrass, the director of the newly released Bourne Ultimatum film, which is extremely popular and getting great reviews right now.

As far as podcasting goes, I think it is very similar to the radio if you don't have a Vodcast. The advantage to it is that you can listen when you want to listen and not when the program is scheduled to be on. Also, you can put it in your RSS feed if you want to listen/look at it on a regular basis.

No comments: