Friday, July 13, 2007

#13: Tagging and Discover Del.icio.us

Berries and cream mean delicious!


Yesterday I registered an account with del.icio.us and installed the buttons on my computer at work. Today I decided to continue Thing 13 by tagging at my home PC and realized I didn't have the buttons installed on my home PC. I read the FAQ and discovered that I needed to go back to step 2 of the registration process to install the buttons on my home PC. I guess it's the little things like this that aggravate me the most. It seems to take so long to figure out something so simple. My understanding is one of the main purposes of having del.icio.us is so our favorite bookmarks can be on multiple computers. But in order to do this, the buttons have to be installed on those PCs so that's why I'm writing about this in my blog today. Once I installed the buttons, it was quite easy to bookmark my favorite websites and tag them before saving them. Here they are so far:

my del.icio.us
KDL What's Next Database
Blogger: Dashboard
PLANET M&M'S
July
Maryland Libraries Learning 2.0
Passport: HCPL's Staff Connection
Harford County Public Library Home Page
del.icio.us/register I am pmkap on del.icio.us Add me to your network

I don't necessarily see this as an easy tool for research assistance. Maybe if I used it regularly, I would become more comfortable with it like anything else. However, I can see del.icio.us as an easy way to access bookmarks from anywhere.

No comments: