Sunday, July 1, 2007

#9: Exploring MERLIN & Other Blogs/ Newsfeeds

Today I exlored MERLIN and added it to my other RSS feeds on bloglines. For me, the easiest way to add a feed is simply to copy and paste the URL. The Newsfeed Icons aren't the easiest to find and there are several different looks to them. I tried Feedster, Topix.net, Syndic8.com and Technorati. I liked Topix and Technorati best because they were more user friendly and less business-like than the others. Topix could find very local stuff like the BA Fireworks Staying in BA but now in Rockfield Manor instead of BAHS. Technorati had photos, videos and other blogs. However I do think it depends on what you are searching on which tool to use. For example, I may use Feedster for sports or food, Topix for local news, Syndic8 for a medical topic and technorati for fun!

No comments: