Thursday, July 26, 2007

#18: Online Productivity Tools


The following is my first document from Google Docs. After I copied and pasted it, I realized the photo didn't copy because it isn't a jpg format so I'll have to do another for this blog to look attractive! The one to the left is another photo of Bermuda.

From what I have read about Google Docs & Spreadsheets, I think I am going to like it. This is actually my first document and I am experimenting with it at this point. I don't see where I can set margins or where the page actually begins and ends like you can with Word, but I like the fact that this "app" is available on every computer without different versions. I think I will try and insert a photo here of one of my favorite places, Bermuda. It worked! This seems fairly user friendly so far.
Now this is my second document and it's a spreadsheet. Can you figure out the simple pattern I created? It's like one of those math SAT questions!

First Heading Second Heading Third Heading Fourth Heading Fifth Heading$456 524 759 143 679$567 243 486 239 876$1023 767 1245 382 1555$2046 1534 2490 764 3110

Well, obviosly, the spreadsheet format couldn't be copied and pasted to look like a spreadsheet here, but you get the idea. I feel more comfortable using Word and Excel but I'm sure that's only because I am use to them and this is a change for me. But they are very similar and with practice, trial and error I can see where these "apps" could become very popular and Bill Gates may have some stiffer competition!

No comments: